This page attempts to help you how to fill up the Online RTI Application form and submit the form to your desired Public Information Officer online. Please read the following instructions and field descriptions before filling up the online form.
Who can use this system?
Any Indian citizens staying inside or outside the State or the Country desires to obtain any information under this Act, may apply for information as prescribed under Section-6 (1) of RTI Act, 2005 and Rule 4 (1) of Odisha Right to Information Rules, 2005 may use this portal to obtain information.
What is request for information?
Any citizen desirous to obtain information from any public authority under Govt. of Odisha in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force; under RTI Act 2005 may request to the PIO of the concerned public authority in FORM-A.
To request for information to the PIO of any Departments of Govt. of Odisha through online, one has to undergo the following procedures;
- Log into www.rtiodisha.gov.in
- RTI CMM´s home page will be displayed.
- On this screen move your mouse cursor to ´E-Request´ section and click on ´E-Request´.
- E-Request screen will be displayed. Click on ´Submit Your Request for Information´ link.
- ´Form-A´, the online application form along with instructions will be displayed.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling up the form.
- Then fill up the required fields as given in the form.
Name of the field
Name of the Department to which the information relates is to be entered/selected from the drop down list.
Public Authority Name
Name of the Public Authority coming under the concerned Department to which the
Full Name of the Applicant
Name of the applicant/information seeker is to be mentioned.
Name of the Father/Husband
Name of the Father/Husband of the applicant/information seeker is to be mentioned.
Address of the Appellant where he is staying is to be given for correspondence.
Name of the city where the applicant/information seeker is staying is to be given.
By default it comes Orissa. Any other is to be selected from the drop down list.
Name of the concerned District is to be selected from the drop down list.
Concerned District Block name is to be selected from the drop down list.
Panchayat name to be written in this text box.
By default it comes India. If other is to be selected from the drop down list.
Postal Code of the concerned area is to be given.
Email Address of the applicant/information seeker is to be given.
Any Phone number is to be given for correspondence.
Male/Female is to be chosen from the radio button.
BPL/Other is to be chosen from the radio button. In case of BPL, the applicant has to choose from the radio button yes/no. In case of yes:
Upload Soft Copy
An upload text box with browse button at right side, prompts the applicant to upload the scan copy of the identity in favour of BPL from his/her local computer. It is advised to upload the pdf. copy of the order so as to save both time of uploading and system storage space.
Particulars in respect of Identity of the applicant
To be selected from the drop down list Driving License/Passport/Voter Card/Ration Card/PAN Card
Upload Identity Proof
An upload text box with browse button at right side, prompts the applicant to upload the scan copy of the identity proof concerned selected from the above list from his/her local computer. It is advised to upload the pdf., GIF, JPG copy of the order so as to save both time of uploading and system storage space.
Particulars of the information solicited. Subject matter of information
The particular information which the applicant wants is to be mentioned.
The period to which the information relates
Periodicity of the information both from & To is to be chosen from the calendar.
Specific details of information required
Particular what information are required in details is to be mentioned.
Whether information is to be sent by post or received in person
In case of Sent by Post:
In case of Received in Person:
To be chosen from the radio button Sent by Post/Received in Person/Received by Email
To be chosen from the radio button Ordinary/Registers/Speed
Address to which the information will be sent and in which form is to be mentioned in the below text box. Details of the postal address to which information will be sent is to be given along with in which form i.e. hardcopy/floppy/CD the information will be provided is to be mentioned. If the postal address is same as above mentioned applicant address mark the square box. The address will be displayed in the text box.
Has the information been provided earlier
Whether information has been provided earlier or not, to be chosen from radio button yes/no
Is this information not made available by the Public Authority
Whether the concerned Public Authority was not able to give information is to be chosen from the radio button yes/no
Have you deposited application fee?
To be chosen from the radio button Yes/No. In case of yes the detail information like when & in which mode the payment has been made is to be mentioned in the text box.
Do you agree to pay required fee?
Whether the applicant is ready to pay the cost of information while applying is to chosen from the radio button yes/no
- After due fill up of the form, click on the 'Submit Application' button or if you want to fill up the form afresh then click on 'Reset' button.
- If you choose 'Reset', all the filled up data will be cleared. If he/she selects 'Submit Application', all the data will be saved.
- After successful submission of the online application, the system will show you the computer generated online acknowledgment receipt.
- Then click on the print button available at the top right corner of the page to print the computer generated online acknowledgment receipt.
- After acceptance of the online application by the PIO, the citizen will receive an e-mail with e-payment link for deposit of application fee.
- No application fee is required to deposit by the BPL applicants.
- The payment of application fee by the RTI applicant can be made through other modes of deposit like; Cash, IPO, Treasury Challan, Bank Draft, MO etc. along with their computer generated online acknowledgment receipt.
- After successful receipt of application fee by the PIO, the time-frame prescribed under the Act shall be applicable and in case of BPL applicant, after acceptance of the online application by the PIO, the time-frame prescribed under the Act shall be applicable.
- PIOs and RTI Applicants are informed with auto e-mail and auto SMS through their e-mail IDs and mobile numbers.