Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective / Purpose of the Public Authority:
To prevent illegal felling & illegal transit of timber and other forest produces.
To carry out afforestation activities in forest, non -forest & private wastelands with active participation of the local people.
To beautify the cities and places of interest with a view to promote eco-friendly tourism in the state.
To promote research on conservation , protection and propagation of medicinal plants.
To create & maintain recreational garden cum learning centre.
Scientific Management of Forests and Wildlife.
2. Mission/ Vision:
Amelioration of the micro-environment for a healthy city life through sustainable urban forestry.
Protection against illegal timber trade.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and context of its Formation:
Created on 01.10.2003 by amalgamating small portion of Khurda and Athagarh Forest Divisions to check the illegal transit of timber and other forest produces effectively and to take up urban forestry activities in the cities like Cuttack & Bhubaneswar.
4. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
Protection & Propagation of Forests & Management of Wildlife.
5. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
Protection against illegal timber transit.
Creation of new forests in Urban areas & creation of green belt.
Awareness on Cultivation, Processing and use of medicinal plants.
Educating people by bridging plants with our cultural heritage.
6. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its Effectiveness:
7. Arrangements and method made for seeking Public Participation/ Contribution:
Through different meetings and Awareness programme.
8. Mechanism available for monitoring the Service Delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Range Level Officers.
9. Address of the main office and other offices at different levels:
Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Forest & Environment Deptt., Bhubaneswar, Dist.-Khurda
Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Odisha, Aranya Bhawan, Bhubaneswar
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.