Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Aims & Objectives of the Organization:
Protection, Conservation, Management of Forest and Wildlife Resource of the Division more particularly from Reserve Forest area.
2. Mission/ Vision:
To maintain Forest cases properly.
3. Brief History & Background of its Establishment:
Before independence, the Forest of Deogarh were under the Control of Maharaj and Zamindars. There was no specific management practice other than felling for revenue. After independence the Zamindary was abolished and the forest division was formed. From 15/8/1962, this Office is functioning under Govt. of Odisha.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
a) Protection of Forest as per Act and Rules.b) Management of Forest and Wildlife as per Working Plan Prescriptions.c) To carry out all Forest Development work as per Govt. instruction.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
a) To engage people during forest fire.b) To engage people during plantation & other management work.
6. List of Service being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
a) Plantation Activities.b) Vana Sanrakshana Samiti formation.c) Provision of firewood/ N.T.F.P as per Rules and Guidelines.
7. Expectations of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
a) To help in detection of forest & wildlife cases.b) To render help to forest staff in fire protection.c) To help forest staff in driving out elephant etc.
8. Arrangements for Citizens' Interaction/ Public Participation:
The people can meat the public authority on any working day.
9. Mechanism available for monitoring the Service Delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
a) Grievance hearing day on Saturday.b) Notice board.c) Postal delivery of information.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.