Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (I)]
1. Brief History and Background for its Establishment :
The State Government have decided to take up the Kenduleaves Trade departmentally with effect from January, 1973. According to the decisions of the State Government, the Forest Department is attending collection, processing, bagging and storage of Kenduleaves and the Odisha Forest Development Corporation Ltd., is marketing the processed leaves on behalf of the State Government. This Scheme is operated within the general frame work of Odisha Kenduleaves (Control of Trade) Act, 1961 and Rules made thereunder. The Scheme is also operative to the terms and conditions of the Agreement signed between the State Government and the Odisha Forest Development Corporation Ltd. For this purpose the following organizational set up has been approved by Government. There is a separate Head of Department designated as the Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Kendu Leaves), who is the head of the entire Kendu Leaf Organisation in the field. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests is also associated in all important policy matters. The Kenduleaf producing areas in the State have been divided into 3 (three) Circles and 19 Divisions. Each Kenduleaf Circle is in charge of a Conservator of Forests (K.L.) and each Division is headed by a Deputy Conservator of Forests (K.L.). Each Division is provided with the required number of Assistant Conservator of Forests, Range Officers or Deputy Rangers, Foresters and Forest Guards for successful implementation of the Scheme. Besides the regular staff as above, each Division are having seasonal staff ,Circle Checkers, Munshies, Chaprashis, Binding Moharirs, etc., are appointed for specific periods. And Forest Guards in day to day operations. The area to be commanded by each Phadi and Checker is decided by the Deputy Conservator of Forests (K.L.).
2. Allocation of Business :The kendu leaf trade does its business in the district of Sambalpur , Bargarh , Subarnapur, Deogarh, Jharsuguda and Sundargarh District.
3. Duties to be Performed to Achieve the Mission :
All efforts are being taken to achieve the target given to the Circle. Extensive tours are being made from top to bottom level officers to achieve the target.
4. Details of Service Rendered :
All the officers are supervising the timely execution of all operational works i.e. coppicing of Kenduleaves bushes,Collection,Processing,bagging ,transport and disposal of leaves as per work schedule agreement with OFDC Ltd. including repair and construction work of phadi houses.
5. Citizens interaction :Video conferencing is being conducted at regular intervals.6. Postal Address of the Main Office, Attached/ Subordinate Office/ Field Units etc :i) Office of the Conservator of Forests,Sambalpur K.L. Circle At./Post Motijharan, Sambalpur, Dist. Sambalpur(Near Deear park)ii) Office of the Divisional Forest Officer,Sambalpur K.L. Division, At./post: Motijharan, Dist. Sambalpur(Near Deear park)iii) Office of the Divisional Forest Officer, Rairakhol K.L. Division, At./ Post : Rairakhol, Dist. Sambalpuriv) Office of the Divisional Forest Officer,Deogarh K.L. Division, At./Post-Deogarh , Dist. DeogarhOffice of the C.F. (KL)
v) Office of the Divisional Forest Officer, Kuchinda K.L. Division, At./Post- Kuchinda, Dist. Sambalpurvi) Office of the Divisional Forest Officer, Jharsuguda K.L. Division,At. Badmal( Jharsuguda), Post/ Dist. Jharsuguda.vii) Office of the Divisional Forest Officer, Rourkela K.L. Division, At/ Post. Panposh, Rourkela, Dist.Sundargarh.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.