Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
a) To prevail Standard Weights and Measures in Keonjhar District along with to protect the interest of Consumer for getting proper Weighment & Measurement to collect Govt. Revenue towards re-verification and stamping ,conduct enforcement in various trade.
b) For smooth exestuation of Legal Metrology Law, three sub-divisional inspectorial units have been setup i.e. Keonjhar, Champua, and Anandapur.
c) To redress the grievance of public, the grievance day have been fixed in three sub-divisional inspectorial units in Keonjhar District and steps are being taken certainly on each grievances.
2. Mission / Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
a) To ensure use of standardized weights and measure.b) To abstain the Public for cheating of from imposter trade.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
The logo of this organization is equivocation in Legal Metrology Act. This Organization is functioning under the control of food supplies and consumer welfare Deptt. The O/O the Asst. Controller, Legal Metrology, Keonjhar Zone, Keonjhar has been established on 03.12.1984.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
a) Supervision & monitoring of legal metrology week and protection of consumer rights in weights and measures Act.
b) Implementation of legislation relating to Legal Metrology.
5. Main Activities/Functions of the Public Authority:
b) Joint raid
c) Legal Activities
d) To aware the consumers about its rights and remedies in Legal Metrology Act
e) Collection of Revenue.
6. List of Services being provided by the public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
Supervision and monitoring of implementation of programmes and policy planning relating to the subjects assigned to the Deptt.
7. Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely State, Directorate, region District, Block etc. (whichever is applicable): [Click Here]
8. Arrangements and methods made for seeking public participation/contribution:
A Grievance redressal machinery is in place at Keonjhar Zone, Keonjhar
9. Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and public grievance resolution:
The Grievance hearing day has been fixed on every 3rd Saturday of each month. Besides there are arrangements for grievance redressal at field level.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.