Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1) Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
a) To standardize weights & Measures in the Districts.b) To ensure use of standard weight & measures.c) Establishment of Inspectorial units in the districts and to guide its for smooth functioning.d) To redress the grievance of public and the grievance day fixed in different centre in District Cuttack, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur and Kendrapara and steps taken certainly.
2) Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
a) To ensure use of standardized weights and measure.b) To abstain the Public for cheating of ulsm by unfaithful Traders.
3) Brief History of the Public Authority and context of its Formation:
The logo of this organization is equipoisation in weights & measures. This Organization is functioning under the control of Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Deppt.
4) Duties of the Public Authority:
a) Supervision & monitoring of legal metrology Act and work and protection of consumer rights in weights and measures.b) Implementation of legislation relating to legal metrology.
5) Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:a) Enforcementb) Legal Activitiesc) Joint Raidd) Collection of Revenuee) Verification of Weights & measures
6) List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
Supervision and monitoring of implementation of programmes and policy planning relating to the subjects assigned to the Deptt.
7) Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely State, Directorate, region district, block etc:
Directorate, Districts, Sub-division.
8) Arrangements and methods made for seeking Public Participation/ Contribution:
A Grievance redressal machinery is in place at Cuttack zone, Cuttack.
9) Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and Public grievance resolution:
The Grievance handling is undertaken on every 5th, 20th, 30th at Cuttack. Besides there are arrangements for grievance redressal at field level.
10) Addresses of the main office and other offices at different levels:
At: office of the Asst. Controller Legal Metrology, Cuttack Zone, New Malgodown Road, CuttackJagatsinghpur District: Jagatsinghpur & ParadeepKendrapara District, KendraparaJajpur District, Jajpur Road & Jajpur Town.
11) Working hours of the Office: From 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.