Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 is the most benevolent legislation to protect the consumers from exploitation /cheating etc. To provide speedy redressed to Consumers and Creating Awareness among the public at large. The Consumer Complaint Cases/ Execution Cases (arising out of C.C Cases) filed before this District Forum are disposed of as quick as possible. On the summary trail basis.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
(a) To ensure protection of Consumers.(b) To aware the consumers about its rights and remedies.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
The Consumer Protection Act came in to Force in the year 1986 and under the District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum, Puri has been established during the year, 1994.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
(a) To Provide for protection of the interest of Consumers.(b) To educate the consumers about its rights and remedies.
5. Main Activities/Functions of the Public Authority:
(a) To Provide for protection of the interest of Consumers.(b) To educate the consumers about their rights and remedies.
6. List of Services being Provided by the Public Authority with a Brief write-up on them:
Adjudication of Consumer Complaints and its Execution of the order passed in complaint cases.
7. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for Enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
To provide Speedy and effective relief to Consumers.
8. Address of the Main Office and other Offices at different levels:
District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Puri,Station Road,Near Government Women's College,Puri-752001
9.Working Hours Both for Office & Public:
Morning Hours of the Office: 10.00 A.M.Closing Hours of the Office: 5.00 P.M.
10. Organization Chart:
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.