Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
The consumer Protection Act 1986 is the special socio benevolent in excessive speed remedy made available to harassed & humiliates the consumers against ion scrupulous & monopolized merchandised & aggressive service providers. To provide speedy redressal to consumers and creating Awareness among the public at large. The consumer Complaint Cases/ Execution Cases (Arising out of C.C. Cases) filed before this District Forum are disposed of as quick as possible. On the Summary trail basis.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
To ensure Protection of consumers. To aware the consumers about its rights and remedies.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority:
The C.P. Act came into force on 24th day of Dec. 1986. The district Forum, Jagatsinghpur has been established during the Year 1993 attached with Kendrapara District and became Independent since March, 1996.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
5. Main Activities/ Public Authority:
6. List of Services being Provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
Adjudication of Consumer Complaints and Execution Cases for enforcement of the order passed in complaint cases.
7. Organisation Chart:
8. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for Enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
To Provide Speedy relief.
9. Addresses of the Main Office:
District C.D.R. Forum, Jagatsinghpur, At/Po/ P.S./Dist- Jagatsinghpur, Pin-754103
10. Working Hours of the Office:
10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.