Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective /Purpose of the Public Authority:
a) To Standard weights & Measures in the Districts.b) To ensure we of standard weights & measures.c) Establishment of Inspectorial units in the districts and to guide its for smooth functioning.d) To redress the grievances of public and the grievance day fixed in different centre in District Puri, Nayagarh, Khurda, Jatani,Nimapada,Balugaon and BBSR of Khandgir and steps taken certainly.
2. Mission / Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
a) To ensure use of standardized weights and measure.b) To abstain the Public for cheating of ulsm by unfaithble Traders.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
The logo of this organization is equiposition in weights and measures Act. This Organization is function from under the control of food supplies and consumer welfare Deptt.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
a) Supervision & monitoring of legal metrology week and protection of consumer rights in weights and measures Act.b) Implemention of legislation relating to legal metrology.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
a) Procurementb) Enforcementc) Legal Activitiesd) Joint Paide) Collection of Revenue
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
Supervision and monitoring of implemention of programmes and policy planning relating to the subjects assigned to the Deptt.
7. Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely State, directorate, region district, block etc. (whichever is applicable):
Directorate, Region District, Block.
8. Arrangements and methods made for seeking public participation / contribution:
A Grievance redressal machinery is in place at Puri zone, Khandgiri.
9. Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and Public grievance resolution:
The Grievance handling is undertaken on every 5th, 20th, 30th at Khadngiri.Besides there are arrangements for grievance redressal at field level.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.