Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objectives/ Purpose of the Public Authority:i) To look after the administration of District in relation to Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Service of Khurdha to Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services of the District. ii) To look after financial & Physical Achievement of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services of the District.iii) To provide technical guidance to the field staffs.iv) Participating with District Administration & office line Department for progress & development of Animal Husbandry in the District.
2. Mission/ Vision:
i)To enhance milk, meat, egg production in the district so as to increase nutrition standard of the people of the District.ii)To maintain animal health by prevention & treatment of diseases, so as to combat zoo notice diseases for which zoo notice disease free human society is maintained.
3. History & Background of Its Establishment:The Office of the Chief District Veterinary Officer, Khurdha was formed along with the formation of the new District during the year. 1993. There is no post under designation of Chief District Veterinary Officer. The Senior Sub-division Veterinary officers used to remain in charge of C.D.V.O, Khurdha. The said post was confirmed on 8.2.2008.Since then, Public Authority is functioning.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:i) Administrative district authority of Animal husbandry & Veterinary Services.ii) Financial District Authority of the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.iii) A Part of the district administration along with other live departments for all round development of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, in the District.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
i) To provide animal health services.ii) To provide articificial insemination Services.iii) To Provide Administrative financial services.
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write up on them:
i) Treatment of Sick Animals.ii) Scheduled timely Vaccination.iii) Popularization of Animal Husbandry among the peoples increases additional income.
7. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public and timely information is essential:
Awareness Co-operation, and Participation of Public and timely information is essential.
8. Arrangements and methods made for Seeking Public Participation/ Contribution:
i) Awareness meeting at block & Panchayat level.ii) Propaganda through T.V, Radio, Newspaper Advertisement.iii) Collection of user charge as public contribution
9. Mechanism Available for Monitoring the Service Delivery and Public Grievances Resolution:
i) Telephoneii) Faxiii) Internet
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.