Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
The Aims & objectives of the Organization:
Odisha Urdu Academy is the State Academy of Urdu literature it is an apex body established on 7.02.1987 under the administrative control of the department of Tourism & Culture (Culture) for the development, propagation and population of Urdu Language. It is a autonomous organization registered as a society during 1986-87.
Organization & Function:
(a)The Academy shall be society under the Government Registration Act 1860 and shall have a Perpetual Succession and a Common seal and may sue and be sued in its corporate name.
(b)It shall have the following power and function namely:-
- To promote co-operation among men of letters and literary associations Universities and cultural organization and encourage the establishment and development of representative associations concerned with the advancement of Urdu literature.
- To encourage or to arrange translation of literary works from different Indian and foreign languages in to Urdu and Urdu to Oriya and vice-versa.
- To publish or to assist associations and individuals in publishing literary works including bibliographies, dictionaries, bilingual or multilingual encyclopedias, basic vocabularies etc. in the Urdu language and also publishing literary journals reviews and lists of publication Urdu.
- To sponsor or to held literary conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
- To award prizes and distinctions and to give recognition to individual writers for outstanding works.
- To promote research in Urdu language and literature and to encourage the propagation and study of such literature.
- To improve and develop the Urdu and other scripts in use in Odisha and to encourage publication of selected books in Urdu language in the Devanagari script.
- To promote cultural exchange with other States in India and countries abroad and to correspond and establish relations with National and to International organizations in the field of letters.
- To encourage writers on scientific or of text book at collegiate state in urdu.
- To collect, compile and publish folk songs and folk tales.
- To publish outstanding books in Urdu.
- To receive grants, endowments and other donations and in furtherance of the objectives and activities of the Akademi, to purchase land to own property of all kinds to maintain, sell mortgage otherwise dispose of it, and
- To do such other acts and things whether incidental to the powers aforesaid or not as may be required in order to further its objects.
(a) Officers of the Academy
- Financial Adviser
b) Staff of the Academy
- Senior Assistant-1
- Jr. Asst.-Cum-Typist-2
- urdu Typist-1
- Watch man-Cum-Sweeper-1
- Typist-1 (consolidated wages basis)
Authorities of the Academy:
- General Council
- Executive Board
- Finance Committee
Postal Adress of the Office:
Odisha Urdu Academy,Sanskruti Bhawan,Museum Complex, B.J.B. Nagar, Bhubaneswar-751014
Working hours for Office:
10 A.M. to 5 P.M.