Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
Brief History of the College:
In order to cultivate and project Odishan Culture in a befitting manner as well as to produce as many artists in the realm of performing arts, the State Government of Odisha established this model Institution UTKAL SANGEET MAHAVIDYALAYA through Odisha Sangeet Natak Academy in the year 1964. The Government has been pleased to take over the management of the College from 01.01.1982. This college has been affiliated to Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha at +2 level during the year 1985-86 and Utkal University at +3 (B.Mus) and Master's Degree (M.Mus) level during the year. 1985-86 and 1987-88 respectively and now affiliated to Utkal University of Culture Odisha, Bhubaneswar since 1999-2000.
The Mahavidyalaya Re-Opens On.............................
Commencement of Class:
- Lectures for +2 ll year, +3 llnd & lllrd year and PG (M.Mus) 2nd year classes will begin as per the notification by the Principal.
- Lectures for all other classes will begin on dates to be notified by the Principal.
Application for Admission:
Candidates who seek admission or re-admission to the college shall send self written application in the prescribed form so as to reach the principal within 15 days of the publication of result of the last qualifying examination. Re-admission as such is not granted as a rule.
Request for Application Form:
a) That the students who have passed H.S C Exam. (Matriculation or equivalent) within the age limitation of 18 years to the date of publication or result by Board of Secondary Education Odisha, Cuttack and having no higher educational qualification will be eligible for admission into different classes of + 2,1st year of Utkal Sangeet Mahavidyalaya, Bhubaneswar within six weeks of publication of his/her result. No relaxation of time will be allowed.
b) Necessary forms can be obtained in person from the office of the Principal during office hours on working days on payment of Rs 15/- Form can also be obtained by post on payment of Rs 15/- by Money order only In either case there should be written request. Those who want get the application form by post should enclose a self addressed envelop 10"x 4 ½ " size with postage stamp worth of Rs. 5.00 paise affixed.
Forms to be Supplied by the College:
(i) Admission Form (ii) Undertaking form (iii) Prospectus for the session
(iv) Index Card (v) Intimation Card
Procedure for Filling of Application form for Admission:
The applicant should fill up the form in their own hand writing and send the same to the Principal. Utkal Sangeet Mahavidyalaya in due time.
- Attested copy of marklist of the last qualifying examination passed in compartmental case both copies of marklist should be submitted.
- Attested copy of SC/ST certificate from a competent authority incase of student belongs to SC/ST.
- Money order receipt or money receipt of Rs 15/- issued by Utkal Sangeet Mahavidyala in support of the payment of fee for application form.
- Attested copy of school leaving certificate/college leaving certificate.
- The Intimation and Index card should be affixed with Rs.5.00 stamp each.
Selection For Admission:
In selecting candidates for admission, merit character and conduct shall be taken into Consideration. Immediately after the receipt of the application, the selection committee of Utka! Sangeet Mahavidyalaya will scrutinize the application and shall invite the applicants (or an° APTITUDE TEST* for each Department After the "APTITUDE TEST" the names of the selected candidates will be published by the principal.