Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Aim and Objectives of the Organization/ Public Authority:
Implementation of Govt. Schemes and directives through peoples participation. This programme is the means by which community members, women groups & adolescent girls can be empowered for action to improve their own situation as well as that of their children, specially to reduce IMR, MMR and Malnutrition among mother and children.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
Addressing Child rights related to survival, protection, participation and development, mothers survival, empowerment & development, adolescent girls empowerment to grow and develop in rural areas and urban slums.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
ICDS Project Talcher was established by an order of Govt. in W & CD Deptt. Letter no.19549/ WCD Dtd. 12.09.2002 to implement the scheme meant for women and children in rural areas/ villages of Talcher Block. Latter on the scheme was expanded tagging up the Urban Slums of Talcher Municipality area by the order of Govt. in W&CD Deptt. Letter no.649/ SWCD Dtd. 24.12.2008.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
All staffs are to work under the Administrative control of CDPO to achieve the Mission under the Jurisdiction of DSWO, Angul.
5. Main Activities/ functions of the Public Authority:
Reduction of IMR and MMR, development of child in the age group below 6 years.
6. List of services being provided by the public authority with a brief write-up:
Services provided by ICDS includes:-
Nutrition: Supplementary Nutrition, Growth monitoring & promotion, Nutrition and Health Education.
Health: Health Check-up, Immunization, Identification and Treatment of Common Childhood illness and Minor Ailments, Referral Services.
Supportive Services and Convergence: Supportive Services, such as Safe Drinking Water, Environmental Sanitation, Woman's Empowerment Programmes.
Early Childhood Care & Preschool Education: Early Care and Stimulation of children under 3 years. Non-formal Preschool Education to Children in the age group of 3-6 years.
7. Expectations of the Public Authority From the Public for Enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
8. Mechanism available for Monitoring the Services delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Public is given scope to ventilate their grievance at any date, any time during working days before CDPO and every Saturday as per Pension and Grievance Dept. Instruction.
9. Addresses of the main Office and other Offices at Different Levels:
ICDS Project Office, TalcherAt/Po.- Hatatota, TalcherDist.- AngulPin- 759100
10. Working Hours:Office Hour: 10 AM - 5 PM
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.