Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Aims & Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
The Aim & Objective of the organization is to develop mission, goals and to actuate them for the Department of Water Resource " chief engineer & basin manager, Upper Mahanadi Basin , Burla "aims at developing and managing the water resources for irrigation, bulk water supply and for effective flood control with direct responsibility of construction, operation and management of medium irrigation projects.Develop the water resources available within the category of utilizable resources to the maximum possible extent for the economic development of the district of sambalpur, bargarh, sundargarh, deogarh, sonepur & bolangir.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
The Mission and vision of this organization are listed below:
a) Establish policies necessary for effective and efficient organization .b) Establish effective management information system.c) Establish a system to periodically review organizational performanced) Ensure that environmental, land acquisition and economic rehabilitation and farmers organizations turnover concerns are resolves.e) Establish and continually review systems to develop, improve and maintain employee morals.f)Issue policies, procedure and standards developed both within Deptt. Of Water Resources, Odisha, Rajiv Bhawan, Bhubaneswar and by the Government .g)Ensure that establishment if field offices in the basins under administrative control of a functional is Superintending Engineer, Hirakud Dam Circle, Burla & Superintending Engineer,Bolangir Irrigation Circle, Bolangir.3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
The post of the chief engineer and basin manager and asst. chief engineer borne under the establishment of E.I.C. W.R. Odisha only. The post of the chief engineer medium - I subsequently renamed as Chief Engineer & Basin Manager, Upper Mahanadi Basin, Burla has been created with effect from 03-12-1994. There is no separate establishment for Chief Engineer & Basin Manager, Upper Mahanadi Basin, Burla.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
1) Responsible for exercising full technical, supervisory and administrative control over all activities in Basins/projects/offices,within his jurisdiction.2) To carry out survey & investigation, design & planning of different Major & Medium irrigation projects.3) Acquisition of Govt.,private & forest land for implementation of the projects.4) Rehabilitation & compensation to the affected people, construction & maintenance of the above work.5) Review of week & vulnerable points, preparation of plans, estimate of proposed irrigation projects and according Govt. approval thereof.6) To maintain canal system & its structures so as to provide smooth irrigation water supply in the canal in the ayacut area of the respective projects.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority :
Chief Engineer & Basin Manager, Upper Mahanadi Basin, Burla .
1. Responsible for exercising full technical,supervisory and administrative control over his subordinates2. Responsible for prepare annually the portion of the budget estimates relating to establishment and work under is control.3. Responsible for operation and maintenance of completed projects.4. Responsible for approval of all designs and drawings, of all component parts of the works of the projects for which he is required to give technical sanction as a whole.5. To report to the E.I.C., about all the activities of the department & to advice on all matters of importance related to water resources policy & technical adequacy of all existing & proposed programmes
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.