Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
Objective/Purpose of the Public Authority:-
- To give the information to the visiting tourists.
- Collection of data's.
- Liaison with district administration.
- Participation in fairs and festival by installing tourism stall, distribution of brochures, folder, literature etcetera on Odisha Tourism,
- Advertisement through displaying hoarding, way indicators, signage etc.
- Organisation of Quiz Programme to create tourism awareness among the Students.
- Approval of Hotel Projects, Tour Operators, and Travel Agency,
- Identification of new tourist spot.
- To increase the tourist traffic to and extend their duration of stay in the state
- Any other as and when required.
Mission / Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
- To attract more numbers of tourists to the district by promoting the tourists spot of the district by upgrading the infrastructural amenities.
- Putting hoardings, carrying information on district tourists' spots and facilities available in the district.
Brief History of the Public Authority:
The Tourist Office, Sambalpur was established on dated 01.07.1959. The Tourist Information Counter at Raipur was opened in the year 1985. Panthasala Nrusinghanath was established in the year 1990. Panthika of Sohela will be opened shortly. Panthanivas and Tourism Reception Centre at Sambalpur maintained by OTDC were established in the year 1976 and 2005 respectively The Tourist Officer, Sambalpur is designated as Assistant Public Information Officer vide G. O. No.7963/TSM dated 23.09.2005.
Duties of the Public Authority:
The duties of the Tourist Officer is to provide proper assistance to the tourists visiting the state and timely implementation of tourism projects undertaken by the state government for promotion and development of tourism in the state.
Main Activities/Functions of the Public Authority:
Collection and dissemination of information relating to the facilities in the shape of accommodation, transport, and guide services available for the tourists.
Preparation of draft write-ups on places of interest of the district /area for projection.
Preparation of itinerary for the visitors intending to visit the dist./area in particular and state in general.
Management of such facilities as has been created by the state Department of Tourism for the tourists in the dist./area.
List of Services being Provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
- Collection and dissemination of information relating to the facilities in the shape of accommodation, transport and guide services available for the tourists,
- Preparation of drafts write-ups on places of tourist interest of his district /area for projection, Preparation of itinerary for the visitors intending to visit his district / area in particular and state in general.
- Management of such facilities as has been created by the state Department of Tourism for the tourists in his district / area.
- Liaison with the district authorities for effective maintenance of the facilities created by the Department of Tourism for the tourists in his district / area.
- Liaison with carriers like Railways, Road Transport, Airlines, etc located in his district/area Liaison with the Travel Agents, Excursion Agents. Tour Operators and like establishment for development of travel trade in his district/area,
- Organisation of sale of the literature brought out by the State Department of Tourism for the purpose.
- Liaison with managements of private Hotels, Dharmasalas and like
- Establishment located in his district /area for assisting the tourists.
- Liaison with local Transport Operators for assisting the tourists.