Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (I)]
1. a) Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority :
i) To cater tourist Information to Tourists.
ii) To up date tourist information from time to time.
iii) To organize tour programme for intending tourists.
iv) To popularize tourist place of Odisha and other tourism potentials like faires, festivals, handicrafts, hand looms etc.
v) To Popularize tourist place of Odisha and other tourism potentials like fairs, festivals, handicraft, handlooms etc.
vi) To coordinate different offices and organization for development of Tourism industries.
b) Local Guide Training :
This office, works creation of local guide for the district.
c) Approval of tourism projects:
Tourist Officer, Berhampur carries inspectin works as per the direction of Deptt. Of tourism, Govt. of Odisha for the tourism projects which are awaiting approval from the deptt.
2. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for Enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency :
Public may seek such information which are being deal with by this office for enhancing its effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Arrangements and Methods made for Seeking Public Participation Contribution:
Hoteliers, tour operators, transport operators are consulted for making conducted tour package tour etc. programmes.
4. Mechanism Available for monitoring the service Delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
The staff deployment at Tourist Officer and at its other subsidiary establishment like W.A.C, T.R.C, Panthasala etc. couple with available office records provide the main mechanism for monitoring the service delivery and public grievance resolution.
5. Address of the Main Office and Other Offices at different levels (Please categories the address district wise for facilitating the understanding, by the user) Head Officer:
Deptt. Of Tourism, Govt. of Odisha, Paryatan Bhawan, Bhubaneswar -14, District Officer : Tourist Officer, Govt of Odisha Hilpatna, Berhampur.
6. Working Hours Both for Office & Public:
Morning Hour: 10.00 A.M
Closing Hour: 5.00 P.M