Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Provide tourist information on amenities, attractions and approach of tourist places as identified in the District by the Department of Tourism, Odisha.
2. Collect, compile and disseminate tourism data and information to tourists.
3. Liaison with District Administration with regard to External Infrastructural Development (Water, Road and Power) at Tourist Destinations attend all District level and Zilla parishad meetings to place requirements, problems and bottlenecks on the way of tourism development at proper for a.
4. Participate in fairs, festivals and other events to popularize tourist attractions of the State as a whole and the District in particular among guest and locals.
5. Distribute free tourist literature and sale tourist maps along with other saleable tourism products supplied by the Tourism Department in Tourist Office and Tourism Stalls.
6. Organization district level tourism Quiz every year to popularize tourism among college and school students besides facilities.
7. Impart Local Guide Training under the supervision of District Administration to local educated unemployed youth for facilitating self employment whenever the Department of Tourism directs for the same employment whenever the Department of Tourism directs for the same.
8. Help approval and recognition of Excursion agencies and Hotels by the State Tourism Department.
9. Identify new tourist destinations from lesser known but important places with the help of District Administration.
10. Popularize tourist destinations of the District contributing articles to the Dailies and journals with a view to more and more tourist.
11. Organize Video shows on tourism, popularize it among school and college students.
12. Collect data on tourist arrivals at places of tourist interest and hotels.
13. Organize Annual Survey of tourist in a specified fortnight from hotels for the study of tourism trends.
14. Prepare itineraries for inquisitive tourists and travel agencies and placing these at important sources of tourist generation.
15. Try for expanding the Tourism Land Bank for raising tourism properties by selected tourism entrepreneurs.
16. Supervise operation and management of Panthasala and Panthanivas of the District along with expansion of Tourism projects.
17. Supply tourist information to outgoing groups and individual of the District.
18. Provide guide service to noted guests of the Department and the Administration.
19. Take care of all tourists at the time of their difficulties distress and harassment.
20. Always trying to satisfy tourist coming in to contact and invite more and more visitors providing suitable and positive information.