Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (I)]
1) Objectives/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
To organize all the weavers under Handloom sector by providing working capital & Raw-Materials through the Primary Weavers Co-operative Society and Cluster cell for the socio and economic development of the weavers. Further to provide marketing supports and infrastructure developments by implementation of different Govt. Development Programme are the main purpose of the public authority.
2) Mission/ Vision statement of the Public Authority:
In its mission to asses the plan & programmes for make aware among the weavers regarding implemented different developmental & schemes by the office. This office attempts to improve their standard of living as well as handloom industry also by the public cooperation through the process of development.
3) Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its formation:
The Textiles Zonal office at Athagarh has been functioning since the year 1982 covering entire Athagarh & Banki Sub Division under Cuttack District for all round development of weavers both inside and outside the co-operative fold, prior to this it was under the Cuttack Textiles Zone.
4) Main activities/ functions of Public Authority:
To excute different developmental Programmes of the Govt. vif .Infrastructure development, skill-upgradation and capacity buildings MGBBY, HIS, Work shed and S.E.P. Training of the weavers are the main activities of the Public Authority.
5) List of Service Provided by the Public Authority:
The Health Insurance Scheme Sponsored by ICICI, Lombard,The Mahatma Gandhi Bunakar Bima Yojana by LIC of India are the main services are provided to the weavers by the Public Authority.
6) Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its effectiveness & efficiency:
Public Authority needs good response, co-operation and also the suggestion from the weavers.
7) Arrangements and Methods made for seeking Public Participation:
RTI Grievance Cell of PIO, O/o the Asst.Director of Textiles,Athagarh and PIO, office of all the Primary Weavers Co-Operative society for the people weavers.
8) Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Grievance Cell of A.D.T. Athagarh now functioning on every Saturday (Except Second Saturday) from 10.30 A.M. to 1 P.M. for hearing & redressal of Grievance of Public/ Handloom Sector.
9) Address of the main office and other offices at different levels:
Head office: Director of Textiles & Handloom, Odisha,Bhubaneswar, Satyanagar, Dist-Khurda-751007
Divisional Office: - Deputy Director of Textiles, South Central Division, Khurda, Dist-Khurda
Public Authority Office: - Asst.Director of Textiles,Athagarh, At/Po-Athagarh, Dist-Cuttack
10. Working Hours of the office:
Office Hours:-10 A.M to 5 P.M (1.30 P.M to 2P.M lunch break) 07 A.M to 1 P.M (Without lunch break) only summer session.