Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1) Objectives/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
To bring all the weavers to the Handloom Sector by providing the working capital, raw materials through the primary Weavers, Co-operative Societies, SHG and Cluster for the all round development of the weavers. To provide marketing supports and infrastructure development by implementation of different Govt. developmental Schemes are the main purpose of the public authority.
2) Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
In its mission to assess the plans, programmes and make aware among the Weavers regarding different developmental Schemes implemented by this office. Disseminating information and gathering feedback on the implementation of developmental programmes. This office attempts to improve the standard of living of the Weavers and development of the Handloom Industry. This office also seeks to elicit public co-operation towards the process of development.
3) Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
The Textiles zonal office at Dhenkanal has been functioning since the year 1981, covering entire Dhenkanal and Angul district for allround development of weavers inside and outside cooperative fold, prior to this it was under the Cuttack textie zone.
4) Duties of the Public Authority:
The details duties of the Public Authority are given in Chapter-3 (Manual-2).
5) Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
To execute different developmental schemes of the Govt. viz. infrastructure development, skill upgradation and capacity building of the weavers, MGBBY, HIS, Workshed, training are the main activities of the Public Authority.
6) List of services provided by the Public Authority:
Health Insurance Scheme by ICICI Lombard General insurance and Mahatma Gandhi Bunakar Bima Yojana by LIC, India are the main services are provided through this Office to the Weavers.
7) Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
Public Authority needs good response, co-operation and suggestion from public.
8) Arrangements and methods made for seeking Public Participation:
RTI Grievance Cell of PIO, O/o the ADT, Dhenkanal, Awareness programme to the primary Weavers Co-operative Societies etc.
9) Mechanism available for monitoring the Service delivery and Public Grievance Resolutions:
Grievance Cell of Asst. Director of Textiles, Dhenkanal and Awareness programme to the Societies People/ weavers.
10) Address of the Main Office and other Offices at different levels:
Director of Textiles, Odisha, Bhubaneswar-751007,
Dist.- Khurda, State- Odisha