1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
To boost the socio-economic status of the poor sector people of the district specially BPL group through mulberry cultivation and silk worm rearing.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
Over all development sericulture industry in Odisha. Support and assistance will be render on technological innovation, quality up gradation, location and season specific technology solution, technology dissemination and absorption, productive improvement, skill improvement, marketing support and employment generation.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its formation:
This organization is known as Asst. Director Sericulture Zone in the district of Koraput. This zone belongs to Textile and Handloom department. The Director of Textile and Handloom is the administrative head of the department. This Dept. is responsible to increase the socio-economic status of the marginal and small farmers through sericulture.
Mulberry Sericulture is first introduced in 1977-78 at Potangi with an area of 1acre on trial basis. Then Sericulture zone was started with Asst. Director of Sericulture at Koraput in the year 1978-79.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
i) Preparation of Annual Action Plan of all field units obtaining technical and financial sanction from higher authority to obtain funds, organize and supervise the field work.
ii) Acts as forward and backward linkages with district authorities as well as director of textile and handloom.
5. Main activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
Monitoring & supervision of all field units to up bring the socio-economic status of BPL category farmers belongs to Koraput district.
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
Plantation, maintenance of Mulberry programs in all units. General public should interact with sericulture extension officer of the Block and Asst. Director of Sericulture regarding their needs and deficiency in service.
7. Arrangements and methods made for seeking Public Participation/ Contribution:
Inviting open application form the interested farmers in odiya form.
8. Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Public grievance are received through grievance cell of collectorate Koraput on every Saturday.
9. Addresses of the Main office and other offices at different levels:
Asst. Director of Sericulture,
Near RTO Office,
10. Working Hours of the Office:
Morning hours of the Office: 10.00 A.M.
Closing hours of the Office: 05.00 P.M.
(with lunch break of half an hour 1.30 PM to 2.00 PM)