Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
The Objective of this Authority is to Undertake Geological Survey & Mineral Exploration work in the Districts of Sundargarh, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Jharsuguda and Deogarh.
2. Mission/ Vision:
Mission is to locate and assess mineral resources of economic importance in the above districts.
3. Brief History & Background of its Establishment:
This office was created on 10.7.1972 at Sambalpur to facilitate Geological Survey and Mineral exploration work in the areas under its Jurisdiction.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
The Main Duty is to undertake the Mineral Exploration & Geological Survey work that are programmed Annually by State Geological Programming Board including Official work like office establishment (Administration/ Financial transaction work etc.).
5. Main Activities/ Function of the Public Authority:
The Main Function is to undertake Geological Survey & Exploration work in Sambalpur, Sundargarh, Bargarh, Jharsuguda and Deogarh and to evaluate their resource figure and grade.
6. List of Services wing provided by the Public Authority witha brief write-up on them:
The technical officers and staff provide services in relation to Geological survey & exploration work in form of geological mapping, surveying, pitting, trenching, drilling, sampling, analysis and preparation of field report.
7. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its Effectiveness & Efficiency:
The Office conducts Geo-scientific work, hence no expectations are desired by public.
8. Arrangement and Methods made for seeking Public Participation/ Contribution:
This office performs only Geo-Scientific work, hence does not seek any Public Participation/ Contribution.
9. Mechanism available for Monitoring the Service Delivery & Public Grievance Resolution:
Not under the purview because functioning of this office is purely on Geo-Scientific work.
10. Postal Address of the Main Office:
Office of the Joint Director of Geology, Sambalpur
Jail Chowk, At/Po/Dist.-Sambalpur
Telephone: 0663-2410906 (Office)
11. Working Hour both for Office and Public:
Morning Hours of the Office: 10.00 A.M. to 05.00 P.M.
Closing Hours of the Office: 07.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M. (Summer)