1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
Development of Welfare activities for ST & SC like enhancement of quality education, award of cash incentives to inter caste married couples, implementation of POA/ PCR Act, Pre-recruitment training for Unemployed ST Youths, implementation of income generating Schemes, etc..
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
Upliftment of ST & SC families that is eradication of poverty by means of education, income generation and safeguard the interest of ST & SC Community.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
Initially this Public authority was functioning centrally for undivided Nayagarh district
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
Proper implementation of the schemes and projects as mentioned above.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
a) Award of pre and post Matric scholarship to ST & SC Students.
b) Award of pre and post Matric scholarship to OBC and SEBC students from 2008-09.
c) Achievement of IGS for ST, SC & OBC communities.
d) Organizing awareness camps for ST & SC communities on different rules and regulations.
e) Organizing training programs for teachers on enhancement of quality education under UNICEF sponsored programs.
f) Organizing pre recruitment training to unemployed ST Youths.
g) Supervision and monitoring of educational institutions/ projects.
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a Brief Write-up on them:
Effective steps are being taken for health check up of ST & SC students, to increase literacy rate among ST & SC students and to reduce BPL rate among ST & SC families by implementing IGS and to safeguard the interest of ST & SC community.
7. Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely State, Directorate, Region District, Blocks etc. (whichever is Applicable):
a) Commissioner cum Secretary, SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
b) Additional Secretary, SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
c) Director (ST/SC), SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
d) Director (OBC), SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
e) Joint Director, SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
f) Deputy Secretary, SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
g) Under Secretary, SSD Dept., Government Odisha, BBSR.
h) Collector & District Magistrate, Nayagarh.
i) Additional District Magistrate, Nayagarh.