1) Aim and Objectives of the Organization:
To promote sports & games in the district and implement various schemes of Govt.
2) Mission/ Vision:
To improve the performance of Sports person and establish the District as one of the leading sports district in the State.
3) Brief History and Background for its Establishment:
In the year 1994 the District Sports Office has been functioning as an integral part of District Administration.
4) Allocation of Business:
a. To organize Block/ Dist. Level sports Competition.
b. To aid dist. Level sports Association.
c. To create and develop infrastructure at rural areas as well as Dist. Headquarter.
d. To recommend Small Sports Association for financial assistance.
e. To organize youth activities.
f. To conduct talent scouting for admission of talent in sports Hostels.
5) Duties to be performed to achieve the Mission:
To act as nodal officer.
6) Citizens' interaction:
Maintain cordial relationship with public.
7) Postal address of the Main office, Attached/ Subordinate office/ Field units etc.:
8) Map of Office location:
Dist. Sports Office is functioning in the Collectorate Gajapati Paralakhemundi.
9) Working hours both for Office and Public:
Office working hours: 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.
10) Public Interaction, if any:
Interaction with public during outdoor sports programmes and also for disposal for continue work.
11) Grievances redress Mechanism:
Grievances are heard during office hour and disposed of which are within the jurisdiction of D.S.O and rest are forwarded to Higher Authorities for needful action.