Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective / purpose of the Public authority:
Development of Elementary Education, Secondary Education Teachers' Training, Sanskrit Education, Computer Education, Special Education and Mass Education in the State.
2. Mission / Vision Statement of the public authority:
The S & ME Department is concerned with education of Class-I to Class-X in two phase's i.e Elementary & Secondary. The Elementary Education is concerned with Class-I to VII and Secondary Education is concerned with Class-VIII to X. This mission of the Department is for universalisation of both Elementary Education & Secondary Education with main objective to Enroll all children in School. All children to complete schooling and also universal retention. Apart from above it also look after the infrastructural development along with quality education including appointment of teachers and their training.
3. Brief history of the public authority and context of its formation:
The S & ME Department, which was created as a separate Department in January 1993, has been managing the development of Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Teachers' Training, Sanskrit Education, Computer Education, Special Education and Mass Education in the State.
4. Duties of the public authority:
Duties as per the provision of Constitution of India, other relevant Acts/ Rules pertaining to management and Administration of School Education from Class-I to X and more precisely to discharge such other duties as per the Govt. Rules of Business.
5. List of services being provided by the public authority with a brief write-up on them:
Administration of office of the Directorates, Inspectors of Schools and District Inspectors of Schools. Controlling the budget on Education. Appointment of teachers and their Promotion. Teachers Training and Improvement in quality education. Smooth organization of all examinations. Permission and recognition to schools. Sanction of GIA to eligible schools. Permission, recognition and GIA to Minority Managed Schools. Grant to Oriya Schools out side the State.
6. Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely, State, direction, region district, block etc. (whichever is applicable):
Organizational Structure Diagram: [Click here]
7. Expectation of the public authority from the public for enhancing its effectiveness and efficiency:
Efficient management of Education aimed at Univesalisation of both Elementary & Secondary Education and improvement ofquality Education.
8. Arrangements and methods made for seeking public participation/ contribution:
Before enforcement of Policy and Rules by the Department suggestions/ objections etc. are invited from public or through high level committees.
9. Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and public grievance resolution:
Grievance Cell is functioning in the Department to mitigate grievances of the Public and others.
10. Addresses of the main office and other offices at different levels. (Please categorizes the address district wise for facilitating the understanding by the user).
The School & Mass Education Department Odisha Secretariat, Bhubaneswar, Directorate of Secondary Education, Odisha, Bhubaneswar,Directorate of Elementary Education, Directorate of Mass Education, Odisha, Bhubaneswar, Director of SRC, Bhubaneswar, Director, TE & SCERT etc and Office of the Circle Inspector of Schools and District Inspectors of Schools at district level.
11. Working Hour of Office:
10.00 AM to 5.00 PM. Monday to Saturday except Sundays and public holidays.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.
Nice Portal.This should be updated on a regular basis,atleast monthly.