View Disclosure in Odia
Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective / purpose of the Public Authority
Quick redressal of public Grievances of the State of Odisha and pension grievance of retired persons of all Departments and their Subordinate Offices.
2. Mission / Vision Statement of the Public Authority
To attend effectively to the Public Grievances and Pension Administration.
3. Brief History of the public authority and context of its formation
PG & PA Department was created by the Government of Odisha in the Resolution No. 5351 Dt 13th March 1990. The Public Grievance wing was brought out from G.A. Department and the other wing namely "Pension Administration" was taken out from Finance Department for the purpose of creation of this Department.
A Senior Officer of the I.AS. cadre is heading the Department as Principal Secretary and functions as Public Authority under RTI Act, 2005.
4. Duties of the Public Authority
To ensure expeditious disposal of Public Grievances and Pension Grievances. Lokpal institution has been created to look in to the cases of corruption and impropriety by high dignitaries. At present PG & PA Department is looking into their Establishment matters and Budget matters.
5. Main activities/functions of the Public Authority
To ensure expeditious disposal of Public Grievances and Pension Grievances. Lokpal institution has been created to look in to the cases of corruption and impropriety by high dignitaries. Public Petitioner / Complaints are being registered in the Office of Lokpal, Odisha for consideration.
Apart from above, he is also to review the progress of work and other establishment and financial issues of the Department.
6. List of services being provided by the public authority with a brief write-up on them
- Review of Public Grievances of the State. (Monthly and Quarterly review being conducted regularly for settlement of as many cases as possible.
- Review of Pension Grievances and pending pension cases of all Departments of Government including their subordinate offices on quarterly basis for rapid settlement.
- Discharge of statutory duties of establishment nature and financial matters as Head of the Government Department / Head of Office.
- Review of progress of work in general and conduct staff meeting.
- Discharges other Legislative duties as and when assigned by the Government.
7. Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely State, directorate, region district, block etc (whichever is applicable):