Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/purpose of the Public Authority:
To conduct survey and collect the primary and secondary data on land utilization, different socio- economic statistics and price statistics etc.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
To ensure proper survey and collectivity, authentic data for preparation of different estimates at state level.
3. Brief history of the Public Authority and context of its formation:
District Statistical Office, Sambalpur started functioning on 2.4.1957 under the administrative control of Collector Sambalpur and D E & S (Odisha) Bhubaneswar and Planning and Co-ordination Department Govt. of Odisha at stats level.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
Implementation of various schemes under Central Plan like EARAS, F & V, Non-Plan schemes like NSS, Price, VICS, DSI, Crop Survey and some adhoc survey like Housing, building, M.I, Economic Census & NPI Survey.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
To collect data, supervision and monitoring the survey.
6. List of services being provided by the public authority with a brief write-up on them:
Supply of information of on different District level department like Industry, Health, Education, Forest etc. as per the District SHB.
7. Expectation of the public authority from the public for enhancing its effectiveness and efficiency:
Better cooperation toward supply of authentic, information.
8. Addresses of the main office and other offices at different levels:
Head of DepartmentEconomic & Statistics Odisha4th Floor, BhubaneswarDistrict Planning & Monitoring Unit, Sambalpur Binakhandi, Kachari Road, Sambalpur.
9. Working Hours:
Morning Hours: 10.00 A.MClosing Hours: 5.00 P.M.
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.