Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
The objective of the RTO office, Dhenkanal is to impart public service under the MV Act & Rules formed by the State Government.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
To Monitor a Transport, disciplined transport system to the society under the premises of law.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and context of its Formation:
This Office is Functioning since separated from Police Department. Bifurcated into 2 in separation of Angul District w.e.f. 01.04.93.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
Control Transport System, Enforcement, Collection of MV revenue takes up road safety measures.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
Collection of MV, stop illegal plying of vehicles issue of MV documents i.e. RC, DKL, Permit etc..
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a Brief write-up on them:
Registration of vehicles, Issue of DL, Issue of Permit.
7. Organization Structure:
Government of Odisha commerce & Transport Department/ STA, Odisha/ RTA/ RTO Administrative & Supervision Heads/ MVI (Tech).
8. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
Public Support & Awareness.
9. Arrangements and Methods made for Seeking the Service Delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Awareness Programmes undertaken in various time.
10. Mechanism available for Monitoring the Service Delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Computerization through Smart Chip Ltd.
11. Address of the Main Office and other Offices at different levels:
Regional Transport Office, Dhenkanal,
College Road, Kunjakanta,
12. Working Hours Both for Office & Public:
Morning Hours of the Office: 10.00 A.M during day office 7.00 AM
Closing Hours of the Office: 5.00 P.M during day office 1.00 PM