Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (I)]
1. Aim and Objectives of the Organization:
To provide information to the general public about different works of Govt. and maintain relations with them.
2. Mission/ Vision:
To work as eye and ear of the Dist. Administration as well as Govt.
3. History and Background for its Establishment:
This office was incepted on 30/06/1995 after Jharsuguda was declared as a district being separated from the mother district Sambalpur.
4. Duties to be performed to achieve the Mission:
Collection and dissemination of information.
5. Main Activities/ Functions:
National Day celebration, networking with Dist. Administration on different developmental activities and make publicity.
6. Details of Services rendered:
Information Centre and Reading Room are running under this authority for benefit of youngsters, students and general public.
7. Arrangements for Citizens' Interaction/ Public Participation:
Full cooperation from the general public including immediate intimation in case of problem if any. Information Centre and Reading Room is working effectively and efficiently. National Day and other important function of the region are being celebrated.
8. Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
Every Saturdays (except holidays) are scheduled for hearing public grievance. I.C. & R.R. work is updated through magazines and papers.
9. Address of the Office & its Sub-offices:
DI&PRO, Jharsuguda. At/ Po./ Dist.- Jharsuguda
10. Working Hours both for Office & Public:
Morning hours of the Office: 10 A.M.
Closing hours of the Office: 5 P.M.
I.C. & R.R.: 8 A.M. to 11 A.M. and 5 P.M. to 8 P.M.