1. Objective/ Purpose of the Public Authority:
To Promote Micro, Small and Medium Industries as well as Handicrafts and Cottage Industries in the District.
2. Brief History of the Public Authority and context of its formation:
The office of the DIC was established in August, 1979 at Jeypore (K). Prior to it there were offices of DI, SAR & RIP at Jeypore. All these wings were merged and became known as District Industry Center and functioning as Head of the institution is General Manager.
3. Duties of the Public Authority:
To help the local entrepreneurs to set up their industries in the District.
4. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
a) Identification of Prospective Entrepreneurs.
b) Providing Technical Guidance to set up industries.
c) Providing Financial Assistance to Rural Artisans for their livelihood.
5. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a Brief Write-up on them:
a) Providing Technical Guidance.
b) Creating Marketing Facilities.
c) Giving Incentive to Industrial units.
d) Providing loan to uneducated youths thorough the Government sponsored Schemes.
6. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
a) Participation in district level workshop.
b) Sensitization Program.
c) Seminars both at State and District level.
d) Exposure visit to prospective entrepreneurs.
e) Participation in different State, District and outside state exhibition.
7. Mechanism available for Monitoring the Service Delivery and Public Grievance Resolution:
Existence of Grievance Cell and Guidance Cell.
8. Addresses of the main Office and other Offices at different levels. (Please categories the addresses district wise for facilitating the understanding by the user).
District Industry Center,
9. Working Hours Both for Office & Public:
Morning Hour: 10.00 AM
Closing Hours: 5.00 PM
(Half an hour Lunch Break 1.20 PM to 2.00 PM)