Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Name of the Public Authority:
District Industries Centre, Mayurbhanj
2. Aims & Objectives of the Organization:
District level Nodal Agency to monitor the Industrial Development Programmes.
3. Mission/ Vision:
Development of Industrial Ventures in the district.
4. Brief History & Background:
For its establishment DIC Mayurbhanj is functioning at Takatpur, Baripada.
5. Allocation of Business:
Preparation & implementation of Industrial Development Strategy in the district.
6. Postal Address of the main Office, Attached/ subordinate office/ Field Units etc.:
Directorate of Industries, Odisha, Killamadian, Cuttack- 753001.
7. Office Location:
District Industries Centre, Mayurbhanj, At- Takatpur, Baripada.
Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP):
Govt. of India has appreved the introduction of a new credit linked subsidy Programme called Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) by metging the two schemes that were on operation till 31.03.2008, namely, Prime Minister's Rojgar Yozana (PMRY) & Rural Employment Generation Programme (REGP) for generation of employment opportunities through establishment of micro enterprises in rural as well as urban areas. The scheme will hbe implemented by Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Mumbai, a Statutory organization under the administrative control iof the Ministry of MSME as the Single nodal agency at the National Level. At the state level, the scheme will be Implemented through state KVIC Directorates, State Khadi & Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and DICs and banks. The Govt. Subsidy under the scheme will be routed by KVIC through the identified Banks foe eventual distribution to the beneficiaries/ entrepreneurs in their bank accounts.
1. To generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban areas of the country through setting up of new self employment ventures/ Projects/ micro enterprises.
2. To bring together widely dispersed traditional artisans/ rural and urban unemployed youth and give them self employment opportunities to the extent p[possible, at their place.
3. To provide continuous and sustainable employment to a large segment of traditional and prospective artisans and rural and urban unemployed youth in the country, so as to help arrest migration of rural youth to urban areas.
4. To increase the wage earning capacity of artisans and contribute to increase in the growth rate of rural and urban employment.