Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
Kendrapada District has historical heritage forbade Jew temple of Seventeenth Century. Its crocodile park in the sea beach of Bhitarkanika is an attractive tourist centre of the State.Previously Kendrapada was a Sub-Division of undivided Cutttack district .It was carved out of the erstwhile Cuttack District and came into existence from 1st April 93 as Kendrapada District .It is bounded by Bhadrak district in the north, Jajpur and Cuttack district in the north-west,Jagatsinghpur district is deltic alluvial plain of Mahanadi river system with large belt of estuaries/creeks nearer to the sea shore.
Kendrapada is ideally located in the middle of Pradeep and kalingnagar Industrial complex.NH-5A flows 45 Kms in the district from Panchupandab to Bhutumundai. The newly constructed Railway line in the side of NH-5A from Haridaspur to Paradip will cover about 50Kms in the district.The district has ample scope for industrialization with creation and development of industrial corridors in both sides of NH-5A from Panchupandab to Bhutumundai on setting up multi various Ancilliary and downstream industries of POSCO,ESSAR STEEL,IOL OIL REFINERY of Paradip zone and mega Steel Plants TATA ZINDAL,VISA MAITHAN of Kalinganagar Steel Complex.
Basically Kendrapada is an Agricultural base district and having thrust for development of Agro and Food based Industries .it has 68 Kms of sea coast in the Bay Bengal .The district has scope for development of marine based industrial like freezing plant, lee plant,Cold storage ,prawn culture and brackish water crab farming ,moderater fish canning on hygienice packed dry fish, fish oil, fish meal, fish pickles for export to gult countries.
The district has rich tradition in handicraft and cottage Industries. The main crafts of the districts are Golden grass, Nalia grass, Terracotta, Cane and bamboo craft and Coir crafts. Special attention is to be given to this sector for exploring the growth of traditional handicrafts.
Present Industrial Scenario:
The rising demand of Steell and Aluminium has drawn the attention of National and International Steel producers to set up Steel plants in the States of Odisha,. Jhadakhanda, Chhatisgarh due to abundant availability of qualitative Iron ore,Buxite other mineral ingredients like Chromite, Manganese, Fireclay, limestone etc availability of coal for production of thermal power.
Industrial coining to Odisha:
1) Steel Projects 45 nos of 70 mtpa capacity (S45 billion investments)
2) Aluminum Sector 03 projects of 0.5 mtpa Aluminium and 3 mtpa alumina with an investment of $ 6 billion.
3) Titanium Project -01 ($ 0.25 billion)
4) Mega Oil Fefinery 15 mtpa and Petro Chemical Complex at Paradip with investment of $ 6 billion by IOC.
5) Power Plants-13 nos for 16,940 Mega Walt
6) Reliance and GAIL gas project at Paradip
7) Grasim Cement Plant-3.5 mtpa using fly as and blast furnance slag at Kutra Sundargarh with Investment Rs. 1200 Crores.
8) OCL India 0.9mtpa puzzolana cement using fly ask and blast furnace slag at Tangi Rs.250 Crores, CPP at Darpan -60MW Rs.200 Crores, new kiln line at Rs.400 Crores
9) ASO cement-0.5 mtpa at Rajgangpur pazolana cement using fly ash, and blast furnace slag
10) Auto parts complex at Choudwar of RSB Transmission Ltd
11) Bicycle complex of Uttam Galva Choudwar
12) MSME-5000 units in different sectors throughout the State.
13) PMEGP units around 100 units having investment upto 25 lakhs implemented through KV1C, KV1B & DIC in the district.
There is no Large Medium Scale Industries in Kend rapara District nor MOU made with Government to come up. The present status of small scale industries in the district is given below: