Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective/Purpose of the Public Authority:
The main objective is to ensure systematic & planned Development of the area coming under Dhenkanal Regional Improvement Trust (DRIT) through preparation of master plans so as to secure to their present and future inhabitants, sanitarily conditions and amenity and convenience by making provisions for development, improvement and expansion of the town.
2. Mission/ Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
To check un-planned & unsystematic Development of this area and to promote planed development of the area under the jurisdiction.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
The Dhenkanal Regional Inprovement Trust (DRIT, Dhenkanal) was constituted w.e.f 17.09.1996 after dissolution of erstwhile Special Planning Authority, Dhenkanal. The jurisdiction of DRIT consists of Dhenkanal, Kamakhyanagar and Bhuban.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
Preparation of master plan and publication, implementation of various improvement/ development schemes.
5. Main Activities/ Functions of the Public Authority:
The main activities to undertake works pertaining to Construction of Housing Colony, Shopping Complex, and Industrial Estate and to provide public amenities also undertake for Improvement & clearance of slums and re-development programmes in a planned manner along with Preparation and publication of master plan.
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
a) Plotted Development Scheme comprising of 270 Nos at Kanteikolia, 198 Nos at Sambhugopal Math, 172 Nos at Badasathabatia, 28 Nos at Mahisapat, 57 Nos at Birabar Nagar.
b) Shopping of 30 Nos at Kalipujapadia, 20 Nos at Korian, 96 Nos at Mahisapat, 2 Nos in infront of DRIT, 1 No at Sambhugopal Math.
7. Organizational Structure Diagram at various levels namely State, Directorate, Region District, Block etc.:
State Odisha under H&UD Dept. constituted O.D.A. Act. 1992 & Rules 1983 District level.
8. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for Enhancing its Effectiveness and Efficiency:
Public co-operation is basically required to take prior permission for construction of their houses & other Infrastructural Development this authority and also to abide by the rules and regulations of DRIT there on while constructing the same so that the area under DRIT shall be developed in planned manner.
9. Arrangements and Methods made for Seeking Public Participation/ Contribution:
During preparation of C.D.P, public seminars have been organized and to know the rule and regulations of DRIT. Advertisements were undertaken through Cable TV and through the newspaper for wide public awareness.
10. Addresses of the main Office and Other Offices at Different levels:
Dhenkanal Regional Improvement Trust (DRIT), At.- Padma Bazar, Dhenkanal.
11. Working Hours of the Office:
10.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m, Lunch Break from 1.30 pm 2.00 p.m
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.