Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Aims and objectives of the organization:
The Health & F.W. Deptt. deals with medical and public health matters including drug control and prevention of food adulteration as well as Family Welfare programmes aimed at population stabilization consistent with the requirements of Economic growth, social development and environmental protection. The main objectives of this Deptt. is to provide adequate, qualitative, preventive care of the state not only through allopathic system of medicine but also through Indian system of medicine(Ayurvedic system). It also ensures to provide affordable quality health care services to all, particularly to the disadvantaged groups and greater access to primary health care by bringing medical institutions as close to the people particularly in the underserved, backward and tribal .
2. Mission / Vision:
The main motto of the Health & FW Deptt. is " Health for All".
3. Brief history and background for its establishment:
District Head Quarter Hospital, Malkangiri has been established since 1992 providing health services to the community.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
The public Authority discharge their duties in official capacity as entrusted by Govt. of Odisha.
5. Main Activity / function of the public Authority:
Provide health administration.
6. List of Services being provided by the public authority:
Family welfare, Public Health, RCH, Blindness Control, Malaria Control, TB Control.
7. Expectation of the public Authority from the Public for enhancing its effectiveness:
Public Authority needs good response, cooperation and suggestion from Public.
8. Arrangements and methods made for seeking public participation/ Contribution:
To involve the people with various health activities following steps have been taken from grass root level like IEC Activities, BCC Activities, Folk Media Show, RCH Camps, Swasthya Melas.
9. Mechanism available for monitoring the service delivery and public grievance resolution:
Service Delivery system monitored by Wing officers, Public grievance cell Collectorate.
10. Address of the main Offices at different levels:
CDMO, Office of the CDMO, Malkangiri.
11. Working Hours of the Office:
Morning Hours of the Office: 10.00 AM
Closing Hours of the Office: 5.00 PM
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, I & PR deptt. and Luminous Infoways will not be responsible for authentication of proactive disclosure and annual report. Respective department and Public Authority is responsible for their information. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant department(s) and/or other source(s), before acting on the information provided in the Portal.