Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
Aims & Objectives of the Organization:
General Administration is the Nodal Department for higher Civil Services i.e. All India Services and Odisha Administrative Service (OAS Class-I and above). It deals with the entire gamut of personnel management in the Government- recruitment, training, performance evaluation, promotion, discipline, placement, service conditions and so on. Important institutions associated with the department include Odisha Public Service Commission (O.P.S.C), Staff Selection Commission (S.S.C) for recruitment; Odisha Administrative Tribunal for dispensation of justice to Government employees; Gopabandhu Academy of Administration for training; and Vigilance Department for correctional measures. The Estate functions of the General Administration Department are; Government Land management in Bhubaneswar; Administration of Government residential and non-residential estates and buildings located at Bhubaneswar and Cuttack, and other Capital Administration issues connected with land. The Department has, under its oversight, Directorate of Aviation, which administers the civil aviation facilities of the State Government- State planes, Aviation Training Institute and airstrips in different parts of the State.
Effective land administration in Capital City Smooth Management of all establishment matters of class III and Class- IV employees of the Department.To keep pace with rapid changes in the administrative system, the Department has taken endeavor to implement administrative reforms by introducing structural changes; rationalizing rules; regulations and procedures, creating databases and using information technology.
History & Background of its Establishment:
It executes its functions through its various sections like:
- Office Establishment Section
- Capital Administration Section
- Service Condition Section
- Aviation Section
- Service Section
- Accounts Section
- Commissioner, Departmental Inquiry (CDI)
- Vigilance Section
- Budget Section
- Cash Section
- Administrative Reform Cell.
- Field Establishment & Co-ordination Section.
Duties/ Functions Performed:
- Cadre Management of All India Services, O.A.S-I (Sr. Branch).
- Administration Training.
- Administrative Reforms.
- Odisha Administrative Tribunal.
- Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Land Administration in State Capital.
- Allotment of Government Quarters.
- Civil Aviation.
- Rules of Business.
Details of Services Rendered:
- Process for Recruitment of all Officers selected through OPSC & SSC.
- Land Allotment to State Government, Union of India for Public Purpose.
- Rules of Business.
- Documentation of Best Practices.
- Aviation Logistics.