Bhubaneswar, the 28th October, 2005
Sub: Formulation of operational guidelines for implementation of Information Act, 2005.
Inviting a reference to the letter No. 27308/I & P. R dated 05.10.2005 in which copies of Orissa Right to Information Rules, 2005 have been sent to all the Department, it is presumed that all officers must have got themselves acquainted with the various provisions of the Rules. Mean while the operational guidelines have been framed as per the provision of clause 8 of the Rule & are given below which are to be scrupulously adhered to by all Public Authorities, P.I.Os & Departmental Appellate Authorities. These instructions should be brought to the notice of all concerned officers under your administrative control.
2. PIOs are required to open a subsidiary Cash Register and Cash Book as prescribed in form appended to as Annexure 'B'.
3. The PIOs shall open a Zero Invest Bank A/c in his designation in the nearest scheduled Bank and deposit the total amount received towards application fees in cash as well as amount towards cost for providing information in a day in the Bank account in the very next day.
4. The amount received towards application fees in cash during the month anddeposited in the Bank A/c shall be calculated at the end of the month. The amount so calculated shall be deposited through treasury chalan in the Treasury in the receipt head of A/c in the 1st week of the succeeding month. The Receipt Head of A/c is 0070-Other Administrative Services-60-Other Services-101-Receipt from Central Government for Administration of Central Acts and Regulations-9916710-Fees & Fines under Right to Information Act, 2005. The treasury chalan shall accompany with a cheque issued against the deposit of the Bank A/c of the concerned P.I.O.
5. Standard procedures for maintaining cashbook may be followed. Two pages of the cashbook facing each other will reflect the receipts on one side and the expenditure on the other.
6. PIOs shall weekly verify the Bank A/c and Cash Book regarding the correctnessof transaction of money between Cash Book and Bank Account.
7. All receipts and expenditure should be reflected in the cash book, with full particulars.
8. The Information Register in form 'F' of the Rules maintained by the PIO shouldbe placed before the Head of Office at least once in a month for his perusal.However he may ask to peruse the Register as and when he feels necessary.
9. If the information is not available with the Public Information Officer and has to bebrought from other Officer with whom it is available the Public Information Officer should immediately send a copy of the request to the concerned Officer with therequest to furnish the information expeditiously.
10. The Public Authority/Head of Office shall consider to create a cell to deal with these matters and ensure that the Public Information Officer of his Office gets all assistance to discharge his duties properly. All logistic support along with the manpower should be placed at his disposal for smooth discharge of his assignment. The initial expenditure shall be provided by the Head of Office whichwill be reimbursed by the P.I.O. subsequently from the receipt deposits.
11. All the orders passed in the file by the Public Information Officer either providing the information or rejecting the application must be clear, unambiguous and self explanatory.
12. On receipt of the application a file has to be opened and entered in the file Register as prescribed in the Orissa Record Manual.
13. The Public Information Officer will be the custodian of these records and on his transfer he will handover the charge to his successor. The Public Information Officer and his successor will sign in the Register as token of handing over and taking over of the charges.
14. The file movement Register has to be carefully maintained so that the information can be made available at a given point of time.
15. (a) The name of Public Information Officer & Appellate Authority of PublicAuthority needs to be published as provided in the Right to Information Act,2005.
(b)The following information will be prominently displayed in front of theOffice of Public Information Officer at various level of different administrativeunits under control of each Department.
16. Top priority should be given for suo-motu dissemination of maximum information in order to reduce the number of information seekers.
17. Each Departmental Appellate Authority will maintain a Register in the following proforma.
Further guidelines will be issued from time to time depending upon the experience gained & the difficulties encountered.
CASH BOOK / RECEIPT
|Name & Address of the Applicant Source of the receipt||Date of Receipt of amount||Particulars of Fee/ Challan/ BD/Cash||Remarks|
|Date||Amount deposited in Govt.Treasury/Bank/Refund to applicant||T.C. No. & Date||Remarks|